Thursday 5 April 2012

The Plan

In the year of the London Olympics 2012, I am taking on my own sporting challenge. Having comfortably competed in the Cowman 70.3 last year and announced Steve-Redgrave-style to my TGS teammates "don't let me even consider an Ironman" I now find myself down for the following events:
  • Cycling trip to the Dolomites (Italy) from 14th to 18th June
  • Cowman on 8th July - 70.3
  • The Big Woody on 25th August - ironman (IM) distance
In advance of this I am getting into the groove of IM training and thought I'd record my training endeavours, cock-ups and successes in the hope that it might be of some use to virgin IM triathletes who follow in my footsteps.
At this point I should probably put in a disclaimer but I think it's quite clear that this is a case of the blind leading the partially sighted, so please take everything I say with a pinch of salt. Comments, constructive criticism and moral support all much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment