Sunday 11 August 2013

Spring - where ARE you?

It's the end of March. It's almost Easter. And the temperature outside is 1C. My cycle in this morning was miserable. In fact cycling pretty much every day this week has been miserable. It's difficult to motivate yourself to get up in the morning (the lighter mornings do help) and even more so to get out and do some exercise.

I was lucky enough to enjoy a weather window on Saturday and get out with the Bonito Bikes http://bonitobikes.com/ team for one of their regular training runs. Since living back at home WJD (Durden Jnr) has been spinning, training and now racing with them. Not only did the rain stop but the sun even came out. It was a pleasure not only to ride in a group but with some other really competent lady riders. They had a number of years on me and took me to pieces in the sprint finish back towards the Cardington air hangers.

The extent of the situation concerning this weather has got so bad that I even joined the gym in February. This means more yoga, power yoga in fact, pilates (my abs have not stopped hurting for a month) and, finally, spinning. I went to my first one last week and, whilst it was a pretty miserable experience sweating in a darkened room, it was surprisingly motivational and uplifting. I am going back tomorrow because the forecast is snow and rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment